How To Record Screen On Windows 11 – When you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. See how it works.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video is worth millions. Whether you’re showing someone how to perform a task in an important application, or you want to show off your gameplay, screen recording in Windows is a great way to do it.
How To Record Screen On Windows 11
Windows 10 and Windows 11 have screen recording capability as part of the Xbox Game Bar tool, and it’s extremely easy to use even if you want to capture your activity in a non-gaming app. However, Bar Game has some limitations, including the fact that it can only record the screen of one app at a time and not the entire screen, so you may want to use another screen recording method like OBS if you’re not interested in closing a single app. make it more complicated. at a time.
How To Record Your Screen In Windows 11?
Next, we will show you how to record your screen in Windows 10 or Windows 11 using Xbox Game Bar and OBS. If all you need is a still picture, see our article on how to take a picture in Windows 11.
Built on Windows 11 and Windows 10, Xbox Game Bar has many features, including CPU and GPU monitoring. However, its most useful feature is to record the screen in Windows, exporting it in MP4 format.
The XBox Gme Bar works in games in the same way as in other applications like Chrome, but it only works in one application at a time and cannot take over the Windows desktop or File Explorer. So if you want to show someone how to do a task that involves a lot of programming—for example, programming a web page in a code editor and viewing it in a browser—you’ll need to get a bunch of videos. And if you want to show them how to do something in the Windows 11 or 10 UI like using the Start menu, you can’t. For these activities, you must use another tool such as OBS, which we will show you later in this article how to monitor the log.
2. Press Windows key + Alt + R to start screen recording. A small recording widget showing how long you have recorded appears somewhere on the screen, perhaps in a corner. You can also get here by launching the Xbox Game Bar (Windows key + G) and finding the capture widget, but the keyboard shortcut is much easier.
How To Record Screen On Windows 11
3. Do what you want and use the microphone to record the sound. You can also mute the microphone if you don’t want to record a sound.
4. Press Windows key + Alt + R again to stop screen recording. You can also click the stop button on the widget You will get a notification that says “Clip from the recorded game. If you click it, you will go to the Gallery section of the Gamebar application and you can see the video you have captured. Also you can find the MP4 file you saved in the Videos/Captures folder.
While the default settings are probably fine for most people, there are some options you can change.
2.Change one of the settings below. Note that even though they use the word “game”, the settings should apply to any application you’re registering, whether it’s a game or not.
Screen Recorder For Pc: How To Record Screen On Windows 10, 11 Laptops And Mac
The biggest drawback to using the Xbox Gamebar to record your Windows screen is that it can only work with one application at a time and won’t show the desktop or File Explorer. To capture your entire desktop and all the windows on it, you need a third-party application, and although there are many, we like OBS Studio for this purpose.
OBS Studio is very popular in the game streaming community because it is free and great for streaming games to Twitch and other sites. However, you can also use OBS to record the entire screen in Windows 11 and save it as an MP4 file, without broadcasting what you’re doing.
1. Download, install and launch OBS Studio. When you launch OBS for the first time, if you haven’t already, you’ll be asked if you want to optimize it for streaming or recording only. If you don’t plan on publishing, select “Optimize for recording only”.
You will also be asked for the native resolution (also known as the screen resolution) and aspect ratio. We recommend choosing the screen resolution you plan to shoot (it can be 1080p by default). If you use a higher resolution view than your screen size, you won’t capture the entire screen.
Best Screen Recorders For Windows 11
If, like me, you have a multi-monitor setup with different screens of different resolutions, you can always change the screen size later.
4. Click Ok on the dialog box that appears. You can name the source something other than Display Capture if you want.
5. Select a view and click OK. If you have more than one monitor, this will allow you to have OBS on one screen while recording the action on another. If you only have one monitor, there is only one option.
If the display exceeds the limits of your OBS screen – for example, you’re shooting a 4K scene, but has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 – your capture will be cut off. Fix the problem by going to File->Settings->Video and change the default resolution there. You can also apply the resulting solution here. If the native resolution is higher than the output (a 1080p output from a 4K screen), OBS will reduce the output but still keep everything in frame.
Windows 11 2022 Update Will Receive Screen Recording In Snipping Tool
6. Mute desktop and/or microphone if you don’t want to hear a voice or both. By default, OBS will capture audio from any application running on your computer and from your default audio input device. To mute them, just click on the speaker icons in the audio mixer.
7. Click the Start Recording button in the lower right corner of the screen. Note that if you don’t have your microphone or desktop volume turned on, it will record any sound you or your computer makes.
By default, your screen recording videos will be located in the Windows 11 (or 10) Videos folder. By default, they are saved in .mkv file format. However, you can change the output to MP4 or MOV files by going to Settings->Output menu in OBS.
Avram Piltch is the editor-in-chief of Tom’s Hardware. When he’s not playing with the latest gadgets at work or wearing VR helmets at trade shows, you’ll find him rooting his phone, taking apart his PC, or coding plugins. With his technical knowledge and passion for testing, Avram has developed many real-world benchmarks, including our laptop battery test. It seems that nothing has been found here. Maybe try one of the links below or a search?
How To Record The Screen On Your Windows Pc Or Mac
In recent years, video content has become one of the most popular media. From social media to billboards and text messages, videos can be found everywhere. People are 27 times more attracted to videos than static images. Therefore, people are looking for ways to record screens and show off new features, make impressive presentations, record gameplay, etc. Therefore, understanding the need of the hour, in this post, we will explain the best practices that you can use to record video screens.
Before we get into the details, there is something I want to tell you. The Xbox Game Bar offered by Windows 11 and 10 only works in one application for screen recording. This means that if you want to record a single video that involves switching from one window to another, you cannot record it as a single video. Instead, you will have to take multiple videos and merge them together. Also, if you want to show them how to do something in the Windows 11 UI like using the Start menu, you can’t.
To record multi-screen video or capture one screen, full screen or active window, we recommend using TweakShot Screen Recorder. This best free screen recording software (limited functionality), helps you record your screen the way you want. The tool allows you to record video with sound, record with a webcam or as a camera plugin, add a custom watermark, and more.
Best Ways to Record Screen on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7 Method 1 – Record Screen Using TweakShot Screen Recorder
How To Record Your Screen In Windows 10
3. Play the video you want to record and click on TweakShot Screen Recorder. If you can’t find TweakShot Screen Recorder in the taskbar, find it in the system tray, > right-click > launch TweakShot Screen Recorder.
4. Then, select the region or screen you want to record before clicking the Record button. By default, it records the entire screen with system audio.
5. When finished, click on the red stop button you can see